February 25, 2010, Vancouver, British Columbia: Evolving Gold Corp. (TSXV: EVG) (FSE: EV7) (the "Company") is pleased to announce gold assay results from its Carlin, NV project. Highest grades encountered are 31.0 grams per tonne (0.905 oz/ton) over 4.6 meters, including 57.9 grams per tonne (1.691 oz/ton) over 1.5 meters and 44.6 grams per tonne (1.302 oz/ton) over 3.0 meters.
Drill hole CAR-007 intersected six zones of gold mineralization. Highlights include:
- 31.0 g/t (0.905 oz/ton) over 4.6 meters, including 44.6 g/t (1.302 oz/ton) over 3.0 meters
- 14.1 g/t (0.411 oz/ton) over 3.0 meters, including 24.9 g/t (0.727 oz/ton) over 1.5 meters
- 5.5 g/t (0.160 oz/ton) over 7.6 meters, including 12.7 g/t (0.371 oz/ton) over 3.0 meters
- 7.4 g/t (0.216 oz/ton) over 10.7 meters, including 23.2 g/t (0.677 oz/ton) over 3.0 meters
"These high grade results confirm that we have discovered a strong significant gold bearing system," comments Quinton Hennigh, Evolving Gold's Chief Geologist and President. "CAR-007 is located 615 meters to the SE of previously reported CAR-002 (see release dated 9/10/09). Both these drillholes show gold in multiple horizons, interpreted to include the Webb formation, an important host at the Rain deposit, and the Popovich formation, an important host for many deposits on the northern Carlin Trend. Biostratigraphic samples from these intervals are currently being evaluated, and will provide key data to confirm this interpretation. These positive results are the direct result of Evolving Gold's stratigraphic and structural models used to target drilling."
- These multiple zones of gold mineralization, encountered over 438 meters (1435 feet) of core length. The intercepts are typical of gold mineralization near large gold systems on the Carlin Trend.
- The locally very high grades encountered in hole CAR-007 are characteristic of gold grades observed at underground gold mines on the Carlin trend.
- Gold grades appear to improve to the west, where the mineralization is intersected at shallower depths. Depth to gold mineralization in drill hole CAR-007 is similar to depths at a number of underground gold mines on the Carlin trend and elsewhere in NV.
- Drill hole CAR-007 is nearly equidistant between the Gold Quarry and Rain mines at the south end of the Carlin trend.
- The company plans to drill 2-3 wedge holes from the same pre-collar as CAR-007 to further evaluate mineralization in the immediate area. Additional holes are planned for the Carlin project, but specifics on location will be finalized once the geology and assays are returned from these wedge holes off CAR-007.
Robert Barker, CEO, comments, "This drill success at Carlin is a great addition to our gold discovery at Rattlesnake Hills in Wyoming. We now have two flagship properties that both represent significant discoveries. They both have major size potential and can add meaningful shareholder value in the future. Evolving Gold plans to drill 20,000 meters of core at Rattlesnake Hills in 2010 to further explore and define that gold discovery. Evolving Gold is in a good position to effectively drill and explore both Rattlesnake Hills and the Carlin project in 2010."
Holes CAR-003 and CAR-004 both encountered large, post mineral faults that appear to offset gold-bearing strata. Because of these faults, only low level gold was encountered in both holes. These holes were designed as shorter holes and may be deepened or followed up by wedge holes in 2010. Rotary pre-collars were drilled for CAR-005 and CAR-006, but no core drilling was undertaken for either hole.
Results from CAR-002, previously reported (see news release 9/10/09) identified three zones of gold mineralization. These zones in CAR-002, 35.1 meters at 1.21 gpt Au, 10.7 meters at 1.01 gpt Au, and 22.8 meters at 1.11 gpt Au, are interpreted to correlate with higher grade zones of gold mineralization in CAR-007. The collar of CAR-007 is located 615 meters northwest of CAR-002.
About Evolving Gold Corp.
Evolving Gold is focused on exploring its significant discovery at Rattlesnake Hills, Wyoming, an alkalic gold system, similar to the Cripple Creek gold district in Colorado, and on five gold properties in and adjacent to the productive Carlin district of northern Nevada.
In addition to its wholly owned properties in Nevada, the Company has a lease agreement with subsidiaries of Newmont Mining Corporation on four prospective gold properties (North Carlin District Properties). Drill holes CAR-002 and CAR-007 are both located on property that is covered by the agreement with Newmont.
For more information about Evolving Gold please visit: www.evolvinggold.com. To receive regular updates or to receive a follow-up call from Investor Relations please sign up at: http://www.evolvinggold.com/.
In compliance with National Instrument 43-101, Quinton Hennigh, Ph.D., P.Geo., is the Qualified Person responsible for the accuracy of this news release.
On Behalf of the Board of Directors
EVOLVING GOLD CORP.
CEO and Director
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Evolving Gold Corp.
Robert Bick, Executive Chairman
Direct: 604 685 6375
Toll Free: 1-866-604-3864
Senergy Communications Inc.
Tel: 778 331-2095
Investors can post questions and receive answers at the Evolving Gold Corp IR Hub at http://www.agoracom.com/IR/evolving